EAM based on TOGAF 9 Foundation (Level 1)
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) is the international de facto standard for performing Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM). TOGAF and EAM support your digital transformation by providing you with the approaches, processes, methodologies, and templates to develop a successful implementation strategy.
This EAM course teaches the basic concepts of EAM based on the TOGAF 9.2 specification and prepares participants for the TOGAF Foundation (Level 1) certification. This course is organized by ETC (Enterprise Training Center) and is not accredited from the Open Group.
The exam-relevant information of the TOGAF specification is presented with a structured approach and supplemented with practice-oriented exercises so that participants gain clarity about the components of the TOGAF framework and their interrelationships.
In addition to the discussion of the theoretical topics, deliverables and approaches from actual projects are presented and discussed in the group so that participants understand the real-world challenges of enterprise architecture. This directly impacts their ability to pass the TOGAF certification exam and helps them succeed in their current projects.
After completing this course you will:
- Be prepared for TOGAF certification
- Understand the fundamental concepts of EAM and TOGAF
- Understand how TOGAF supports the development of complex business transformations
The curriculum is based on the TOGAF 9 specification and corresponding study guides from the Open Group.
The topics include the following:
- Introduction to TOGAF, including basic terminology and concepts
- Architecture Description Method (ADM), including the objectives, approach, and deliverables of each phase
- Techniques used during the ADM process
- Architecture governance
- TOGAF content metamodel and content framework
- Views and viewpoints
- Enterprise Continuum and reference models
Upon successful completion of the seminar and examination, participants will receive a TOGAF Foundation certification.
The exam is not automatically included in the course price.
- Participants who would like to prepare for the TOGAF Foundation certification.
- Business and IT architects who require a basic knowledge of EAM or TOGAF.
- Specialists and managers who want to implement a digital business transformation and achieve transparency of implementation costs, benefits, and risks.
- Basic knowledge in enterprise or solution architecture, business analysis, or in general IT management is recommended.
- English language skills are an advantage, even when the course is conducted in German, because the training material and exam questions are in English.
Information about the TOGAF certification exam
Participants will receive a TOGAF-9 Foundation certificate upon successful completion of the certification exam as an industry-recognized proof of their qualifications. An examination voucher is provided so that participants can choose the date of the examination after the training course.
In this course you will take the following exam: Level 1: TOGAF 9 Foundation.
Exam: OG0-091 TOGAF 9 Part 1
- Qualification: TOGAF 9 Foundation Certification
- Type: multiple choice
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- Necessary score: 22 of 40 questions must be answered correctly (55%)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Prerequisite: none
- Use of material prohibited
- The test may be repeated after at least one month after taking the first test
Benefits of taking an Albion course
- Experienced and certified trainer:
- The trainer and founder of Albion Academy is TOGAF-certified, an active member of enterprise and software architecture organizations (e.g. iSAQB) and regularly gives lectures at international EAM conferences. In addition, he has several years of experience and accumulated knowledge in the field of Enterprise Architecture Management.
- Interactive, practice-oriented training:
- Participants experience an interactive training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that, according to former participants, reinforce their understanding of what they have learned.
- The theoretical content is supplemented with the trainer's practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Active participation and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Two free coaching sessions:*
- Participants receive two coaching sessions free of charge (value of 300€) to support them in successfully implementing newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects.
Benefits of the Albion live online training courses
Albion is known for its interactive training courses with a workshop character. Whether in-person or live online, Albion training courses encourage the active participation of course participants in discussions and group exercises.
By using the latest online collaboration tools, such as online whiteboards, you will experience a classroom-like environment. During the live online training, participants collaborate to perform practice-oriented exercises and case studies that lead to a deeper understanding of the course material.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs
- Efficient use of your time and money.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions
- You can conveniently participate from any location without having to travel.
- Face-to-face discussions
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a classroom training.
- As with classroom training, active participation of the participants is desired.
- Participant collaboration
- Participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission.
- Suitable webcam.
- Headset instead of the computer microphone to reduce ambient noise.
- A sufficiently large monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard and other participants. Additional optional recommendations include a second monitor and a touchscreen with a pen, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard.
- Administration rights may be required to install software, e.g., Microsoft-Teams, Exam-Software.
- The applications are also available via a web browser; however, these have limited functionality.
- Participant attendance is mandatory to receive the course participation confirmation.
- Only one person per computer, no sharing of computers.
- Please ensure that you can participate undisturbed from colleagues, family members, pets, etc.
Roger Rhoades is the founder of Albion Academy. He is a certified architect with more than
20 years of practical experience in Enterprise and Software Architecture Management. He is an accredited iSAQB trainer and an active member of iSAQB, working to continually evolve the iSAQB curricula, exam questions and glossary.
Thanks to his highly interactive training style and his communication abilities, attendees gain a deeper understanding of the course material, which directly impacts their ability to pass the certification exams as well as succeed in their profession.
Mr. Rhoades is a native English speaker and fluent in German.
Course Dates: TOGAF Foundation
This course may be offered in German or English, depending on the preferences of the participants.
|Course||Language||Start Date||End Date||Location||Price||Register|
|TOGAF Level 1 Foundation||German||06.05.2024||08.05.2024||Vienna||See Partner|
|TOGAF Level 1 Foundation||German||30.09.2024||02.10.2024||Live Online||See Partner|
All prices are exclusive of VAT and certification exam costs.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations at least six weeks before the course starts.
All courses take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central European Time (CET) on the specified dates, except where otherwise noted.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions, and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (no partner companies).
In-house & Custom Training Courses and Workshops
We are happy to provide offers for in-house and customer-specific training courses.